The most gorgeous and delicious salad from the asparagus season is served with a maple syrup dressing.
SPRINGTIME ASPARAGUS SALAD:
1 bunch green asparagus
3 hardboiled eggs
100 g radishes
1 cucumber (200 g)
About 150 g feta cheese cubes
For the dressing:
50 ml olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp maple syrup
¼ tsp salt
Dash of sugar and black pepper
- You do not need to peel young, green asparagus. Snap off about 3 cm of the hard part of the stalk. Bring 2 litres of water to the boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook the asparagus until al dente, which should take about 5 minutes. Plunge the stalks into cold water to retain their greenness, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the eggs into wedges once they are cooled.
- Cut the avocado into chunks, slice the radishes and dice the cucumber.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Arrange the asparagus, avocado, radishes, cucumber, eggs and feta on a serving platter and pour over the dressing.