on May 12, 2022 / in Recipes
6 egg yolks
1.5 dl sugar
1 vanilla bean
4 dl double cream
1 dl whole milk
cane sugar for caramelization and fresh raspberries and mint to garnish
- Start making the crème brûlée by mixing the egg yolks, sugar and seeds of half a vanilla bean in a bowl. Add the cream and milk to the egg mixture.
- Strain the mixture and divide it into six oven-safe ramekins (capacity around 2 dl).
- Place the ramekins in a deep baking dish. Fill the baking dish with water halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Place the baking dish in the bottom rack of the oven and bake the crème brûlées at 125 degrees for about 45 minutes. The crème brûlées are ready when they are set (but are not yet firm).
- Place the crème brûlées in the fridge for at least 3 hours, leaving them uncovered.
- Give the crème brûlée a caramelized top as a finishing touch. Sprinkle cane sugar on top of the ramekins and quickly torch the surface using a kitchen torch.
- Garnish and serve the crème brûlée immediately.